Class Parent Liaison
Committee Leader: Shelley DalMolin
Classroom Parent Liaison Responsibilities:
- Communicate PSO events and activities to the parents.
- Help the teacher design and execute the classroom’s booth at Medieval Faire and organize parent volunteers to help organize and run the classroom’s booth for the Medieval Faire
- Assist teacher in planning social events & celebrations for the class or grade.
- Coordinate classroom volunteers in the classroom by creating and maintaining Sign-Ups (formerly Volunteer Spot).
- Assist the PSO in finding program and event volunteers.
- Assist with Classroom BoxTop count.
- Assist with Teacher Wishlist.
- Assist with Class Shutterfly Site
- Publicize Birthday Book program which combines literacy and philanthropy to help build Archway’s Library! Buy a book from the Library’s Amazon Wish List and have child give to the Library on the month of their birthday. Inside their Birthday Book, Archway will fasten a bookplate with a personalized inscription. It’s a great way for kids to feel a sense of contribution to the school, and to share their love of books that they have found inspiring, informative, and entertaining!
In August, two (or more) Class Parents will be assigned per classroom and one to two Class Parents per special teacher (depending upon need of special teacher). Class Parent Orientation will be held TBD following the PSO Kick-Off & Medieval Faire Meetings.
Information for Class Parent:
SignUp Registration Page: Become an Organizer for Chandler if you will be setting up Sign-Ups for your Teacher
Training Presentation: CP Responsibilities and SignUp Training
Do not ask parents for cash directly. The PSO needs to limit the ask for monetary donations to Blizzard only.
For the Auction baskets, you may solicit local businesses and provide this Donation Receipt Letter. You may create sign-ups for items, and if a parent voluntarily gives you money to use for the class, you may accept it.
You will have $50/semester to spend on your class. Discuss with your teacher what it should be spent on. If you spend your own money on an APPROVED PO purchase and you need to be re-imbursed, fill out, print & submit the following form to your PSO Chair. Note this year’s form is fillable if you download it. Forms are also available at the front desk. Reimbursement Check Request Form
- Description: Put a detailed description of the expense
- G/L Category: Put in the Class Parent – Teacher’s Name
- Approved By: Leave blank – your PSO Chair will initial to make sure this was part of the approved budget
- Line Total: Enter amount of expense for the line
- Total: Enter total amount of all lines added together
- Expenses need to be submitted within 45 days of the event to ensure re-imbursement.
- Attach a copy of all receipts and keep a copy of the form & receipts for yourself in case the submission gets lost.
- PSO Chair. Please make sure to initial approved lines and turn into front desk.
- All expenses for the school year need to be turned in by the last day of school.
Kindergarten Class Parent Liaisons
1st Grade Class Parent Liaisons
2nd Grade Class Parent Liaisons
3rd Grade Class Parent Liaisons
4th Grade Class Parent Liaisons
5th Grade Class Parent Liaisons